At the end of August we are holding a two day drop-off workshop for 7-11 year olds. Here are seven great reasons why you should sign up the child in your life:
- Our two day workshop for 7-11 year olds is a great way for children to spend some of the last days of their summer holiday. With a mixture of play and learning, children will spend a majority of the two days outside. Activities include outdoor discovery, bug detecting, outdoor games, forest school activities, art and crafts, tree identification and learning about nature.
- By this point of the summer holidays, a poll reveals that parents and carers will have already passed peak patience with the children in their lives. Over the six week period adults caring for children will deal with 17 tantrums, 12 sibling fights, 14 slammed doors, 15 fights over “who had it first” and 19 cries of “I’m bored.” Why not curb their boredom and fill up two days of their summer break with some outdoor fun with Roots for the Future?
- The two day drop-off workshop will be a welcome break for parents and carers. In the poll 34% of parents said they enjoy the summer holiday at the start but are exhausted by the end. The increase in pressure to keep the children entertained creates a strain on relationships too with 13 rows expected between mums and dads.
- The workshops are the length of a school day – handy for parents to get back into the school schedule routine. Additionally as the workshops come towards the end of the summer holidays, those parents who aren’t working will have the chance to get ready for the start of the new term. The two days will give the opportunity to pick up new bits of uniform and other essentials for their children’s new academic year.
- If you have more than one child in the age bracket you can get a sibling discount for the workshop.
- The summer fun days are run by experienced workshop leaders who are DBS checked and qualified paediatric first aiders.
- Roots for the Future consistently gets positive feedback from both children and adults for their workshops. Some past feedback:
- One child said taking part in our workshop made them feel “happy”
- A parent said they felt “thoughtful and optimistic” as a result of bringing their child to one of our workshops
- Another child said she really enjoyed “working together” on one of the parts of our workshop
- Another child said they would tell their friends that the day was “fantastic”.
We only have 20 spaces for the two day workshop. To place your booking please fill out the online form.
Alternatively get in touch to find out more.
NB confirmation only takes place once the BACS transfer payment has been made.